Cleaning out the Cloffice, clearing out my mind.

I used to work from home, like really work.  Many hours.

I still work from home, but now it’s just sneeking in a few hours here and there during nap time and after bedtime.

My office, has turned into a closet.  Michael has renamed it “Momma’s Cloffice”.  It’s a closet!  No, it’s an office!  It’s the Cloffice!

The place where awesome junk goes to fester and multiply.

But woah oh oh oh, things are a changin’.  I’m taking back control.

I attempted a yard sale this past weekend, but the rain twarted my efforts and I sold close to nothing (which made me super stabby).  Now, all the junk (aka, stuff my cloffice threw up into my yardsale) is sitting in the garage.  I’m slowly listing the big stuff on Craigslist – but that’s work and I’m lazy.

Cleaning out the Cloffice, clearing out my mind.

See anything you like?  Let me know, and it’s yours.  Oh, and PK wants you to know that the purple bike with handlebar streamers is not for sale.

Anyway, I digress, back to the point.  I’m getting rid of stuff I don’t LOVE.  If I don’t really LOVE it, it’s outta here.  I’ve decided that I’d rather go without than be surrounded by mediocrity.  I am not mediocre.

I live in this house, I work in this house, and I’m here all.the.freakin’.time.  I want to go into every room and have it make me smile.  Don’t get me wrong, this is not a quick fix by any means.  I don’t have alot of money, and I have eclectic taste.  I can’t/don’t want to waltz into the nearest Potty Barn and take one of everything.  Not my style.

So after the garage sale this past Saturday, I took what money I did make and brought it down to the INDIEana Handicraft Exchange (which is like shopping at a real, live, Etsy). My purchase?  A print from Rar Rar Press.

Cleaning out the Cloffice, clearing out my mind.

I’m not sure where it’s going to go yet in my house, but it will find a place. I’m thinking maybe my newly cleaned out Cloffice.  I love it.

Comments

comments

Comments

1. moosh in indy. says:

Kim told me once "Everything will be okay in the end. If it's not okay? It's not the end."

That has stuck with me more than anything.

Let's kick our cloffice's trash. (Or kick the trash out of the cloffice.)

[Reply]

2. I feel better knowing there are other people with cloffices out there…and that they have the name "cloffice."

3. Elaine A. says:

Good sign. I think you are headed in the right direction. Cleaning out is so very cleansing in many ways!

Loving the word "cloffice!" HA HA HA!

[Reply]

4. dibs on the blue plastic rake…

[Reply]

5. Aw…I have my eye on one that says, Keep Calm and Carry On. Boy do I need to see that often!

6. grubb girls says:

i want the highchair – are you selling it? love the name "cloffice".

7. Classy Fab Sarah says:

First off, did I write this post? If you leave out the yard sale part… and the part about the bike with streamers… this is my life.

And I don't even have a cloffice. All my stuff is just scattered around all confused-like. Here's to kicking the trash!

8. katy@thoughtforfood says:

Remember, the offer still stands for you to bring your Cloffice Clap (that's closet crap — not an STD) to MY yard sale this Saturday.

And, to be honest, I'm a bit jealous of your cloffice. At least you have closets that are large enough to fit more than 5 pieces of clothing and a single pair of shoes.

[Reply]

9. I wish I knew of a place similar to a real-live etsy around here! That would be awesome.

I remember hearing that our outward selves (whether it be our body or our house) are a reflection of our inward selves. I can kind of see the correlation (though I won't admit it to most folks "irl")…and if that's the case I'm skunked.

Keep it up though–and I hope you can keep your cloffice cleared!! (say that 10 times fast)

PS.
    I'm jealous that you (apparently) know Moosh in Indy in person. I love her blog (recently found) and could hang out there all day. She articulates things I feel ALL THE TIME…as do you. Maybe one day I'll actually have the privilege of meeting y'all.

10. Stam House says:

I glad to see that I'm not the only one that have a room in our house like this hehe! I should really clean it up and get rid on some 'stuff'

11. Jennifer Kay says:

I have never had a yard sale in my life but two days ago I decided that I would take the leap. I spent all night boxing up all of Haylee and Ryan's clothes which I have like ten diaper boxes full already. My house can't hold much more, I'm tellin ya! We couldn't wait to shop for these babies and now we can't wait to get it the hell outta here. Sad.

12. Sluiter Nation says:

Cort's entire area is a cloffice. in fact, when he saw this post he was like, "I need a cloffice." excuse me, what? we call it the basement in this house. vaya con dios, my friend.

13. shellycoulter says:

Love the sign! :)

[Reply]

14. I like that word "cloffice." That's pretty much what my husband's office looks like and it has been that way for a long time.

By the way, I love that sign you bought. I need one of those in my house. : )

15. Katie @ Nap Time in Naptown says:

Every few weeks, I look around my home office and wonder how I turned it into a giant junk drawer again. This post had me at "cloffice." And I love your new print!

16. bessie.viola says:

I love that sign. It's awesome. Now I'm totally distracted by her shop… fun stuff!

17. Courtney says:

Oh I totally know what you are laying down!!! As organized as I try to be, the office is always the catch all and its an awful feeling when you so do not want it to be!!! "Cloffice" – brilliant! Hang in there.

[Reply]

18. i completely understand. I totally have a cloffice and I'm so glad I have a name for it now!

and if that tag reading thing works, and it's still for sale I'm all over it! email me: mhharbert[at]hotmail.com
    thanks!

[Reply]

19. *sigh* and I really had my heart set on that purple bike with the streamers.

[Reply]

20. Love the sign! Loved it enough to order a copy (and get a head start on birthday presents.) I'm not a "pictures with words" kind of person, but that's a good phrase of which to be reminded every day.

21. Stephanie says:

Shopping at a real, live Etsy fair sounds *exactly* my style.

stephanie@metropolitanmama.net

Trackbacks

1. [...] My Mission? To clean up and organize a huge mess. Get this, I’ve been assigned my office. Or, lovingly what is referred to as The Cloffice. [...]

2. [...] of laundry, a good cleaning of our guest bathroom, and quick straightening up of the cloffice. The cloffice (closet/office) is where we keep all the craft supplies. We’re fairly free range here, so the [...]