I don’t know what it is, but I’ve been known to get into a birthday funk on my special day. I know, so sad really. It’s my one day of the year, and I often wreck it with a bad attitude for no good reason.
In the past, I’ve had semi-legitimate reasons. Like 6 years ago, I was overdue on my birthday (overdue pregnant ladies, don’t cross them. They will hurt you.) And then there was last year, grandma died on my birthday. Not cool.
Today is my birthday, my 32nd birthday.
Here’s the deal. I refuse to spend the day in a slump of sadness. Because that’s dumb. So dumb. It is really dumb. For real.
32 things that are going to make my day THE.BEST.DAY.EVER!
- The promise of 70 degrees and sunny weather. In November, in Indiana.
- I refuse to watch Caillou today.
- Washing my sheets in my fancy Victoria Secret detergent. I’ve you’ve ever done this, you know how awesome it is.
- Grande Java Chip in the afternoon.
- Splurging on an (inexpensive) bracelet that I’ve been coveting for so long.
- Dinner at my favorite restaurant. Partially because kids eat free on Tuesday, partially because they sent me a birthday card, mostly because I love it
- Favorite beer.
- Eating leftovers for breakfast, and not feeling guilty.
- Favorite purchased cupcakes for desert. (yeah, not gonna spend my day baking my own cake)
- Michael coming home an hour early tonight. (but don’t get me started on his upcoming business trips, that will pull me into the slump)
- Piper is FINALLY back in school today.
- Nola said she would be nice to me, just for today.
- Gage is really, really walking now.
- Looking forward to my mommy coming to visit next week.
- Dinner with a new friend tomorrow night.
- Getting to hear Michael Pollan speak on Friday, with another friend.
- Allowing myself time to ignore the mess, and read a chapter in a new book.
- Celebrating Grandma’s one year anniversary of going to Heaven. See? I’m turning that frown upside down.
- Celebrating my firstborns 6th birthday tomorrow.
- I’ve already been sung happy birthday today, twice.
- The promise of sleeping in (come Saturday).
- Officially refinancing our mortgage today, OMG, this is going to save us SO much money (in like 15 years).
- Naptime. It will happen.
- Shower. It will happen. I’ve even going to do my hair. With a flat iron! And product!
- Painting my toenails, even though it’s not sandal weather anymore.
- Birthday cards, that I’ve saved until today to open, at nap time.
- My husbands love.
- Facebook love.
- Twitter love.
- The sound of my phone, ringing and buzzing off the hook with well wishes.
- Love of a priceless friend.
- Comment love. (hint, hint, that’s you.)