I’m doing my best to bring back that bloggy feeling, feel free to steal this away from me (and please let me know that you did!)
So I got my hair fancied this weekend. Nope, I’m not posting an “after” photo, but I assure you my new stylist Veronica (at Salon Orange Moon) made me look fantastic, given what she had to work with, anyway.
I haven’t had my hair cut or colored since last June, so there’s that.
I know, I’m such a freakin’ fashion martyr.
Onto the burning questions you’ve never asked:
1. WERE YOU NAMED AFTER ANYONE?
Not that I know of. Mom? If you’re reading this please chime in, I have no idea how you came up with my (overly popular) name.
2. WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME YOU CRIED?
I honestly don’t know. That’s bad, right? Wait. I know. School shooting.
3. DO YOU LIKE YOUR HANDWRITING?
I do, which is a good thing because I honestly took a handwriting 3 credit class in college for my design degree. Obviously, mandatory college credits well spent. *eye-roll*
4. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE LUNCH MEAT?
Nope, just say no to lunch meat. ew.
5. DO YOU HAVE KIDS?
Four that I’m aware of. And an additional 3 fur-babies looking for good homes.
6. IF YOU WERE ANOTHER PERSON, WOULD YOU BE FRIENDS WITH YOU?
Casual friends. I over-use and abuse the good ones (and you unfortunately know who you are. Also, sorry.).
7. DO YOU USE SARCASM A LOT?
so much so that it’s a sin.
8. DO YOU STILL HAVE YOUR TONSILS?
Sure thing. But I’m about to get a cadaver skin graft in my mouth. True story.
9. WOULD YOU BUNGEE JUMP?
Hellz no. I also won’t climb ladders or do any sort of high dive activities.
10. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE CEREAL?
Non-pregnant: soaked granola with fresh fruit. Pregnant: Cinnamon toasted crunch, baby!
11. DO YOU UNTIE YOUR SHOES WHEN YOU TAKE THEM OFF?
Mope. In fact, I avoid shoes with laces in general.
12. DO YOU THINK YOU ARE STRONG?
The cross walk security guard at Nola’s school thinks so. He tells me daily, as I carry two sleeping boys in to school pickup…
13. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE ICE CREAM?
Mackinaw Island Fudge. Find it, enjoy it, pronounce it properly.
14. WHAT IS THE FIRST THING YOU NOTICE ABOUT PEOPLE?
What they are wearing. (also, I personally dress like a hobo, and only shop secondhand)
15. RED OR PINK?
Red. Because pink lipstick looks retched on me.
16. WHAT IS THE LEAST FAVORITE THING ABOUT YOURSELF?
My body. Ugh, I such a freakin’ cliche.
17. WHO DO YOU MISS THE MOST?
My friend Wendi. I mean, she lives 5 hours away, but she might as well live on the North Pole. Assuming I visited the North Pole about twice a year.
18. WHAT IS THE TECHNIQUE THAT YOU NEED TO WORK ON THE MOST?
Curling my hair? I don’t know, this is a dumb question. I also don’t know how to chop an onion, which is a serious life skill.
19. WHAT COLOR SHOES ARE YOU WEARING?
Grey FRYE Chukka’s. Girl, they are amazing.
20. WHAT WAS THE LAST THING YOU ATE?
Renee’s re-fried beans. And yes, they were worth the time and wait.
21. WHAT ARE YOU LISTENING TO RIGHT NOW?
The Iron & Wine channel on Pandora. I’m open to suggestions.
22. IF YOU WERE A CRAYON, WHAT COLOR WOULD YOU BE?
Grass green. Also, I secretly want to be a official crayon nam-er, in my next life.
23. FAVORITE SMELLS?
The chlorine smell of an indoor public pool. I know, ew. My psudo-hippy heart can’t deny what the nose loves…
24. HOW IMPORTANT ARE YOUR POLITICAL VIEWS TO YOU?
25. MOUNTAIN HIDEAWAY OR BEACH HOUSE?
Um, I freakin’ live in central indiana. I’ll take both, or either!
26. FAVORITE SPORTS TO WATCH?
College basketball. GO GREEN (go white…)
27. HAIR COLOR?
is this question about what I was, or what I am? (see above)
28. EYE COLOR?
29. DO YOU WEAR CONTACTS?
Keep your stuff away from my eyes. Frames for everyone!
30. FAVORITE FOOD?
I’m an equal opportunist when it comes to food. But basically, stinky cheese from Goose the Market holds the key to my heart.
31. SCARY MOVIES OR HAPPY ENDINGS?
This isn’t even up for debate one single bit.I don’t come near anything unhappy.
32. LAST MOVIE YOU WATCHED?
Matilda. Currently on family movie night rotation…
33. WHAT COLOR SHIRT ARE YOU WEARING?
lime green-ish. Also, ew.
34. SUMMER OR WINTER?
Winter. I know, right?
35. FAVORITE DESSERT?
My ears perk up with the words “cheese cake”
36. STRENGTH TRAINING OR CARDIO?
Gimme the treadmill (only because I can watch tv in front of it)
37. COMPUTER OR TELEVISION?
‘puter. Sadly, no tube in this house…
39. WHAT IS ON YOUR MOUSE PAD?
What’s a mouse pad?
40. FAVORITE SOUND?
The sound that nothing makes.
41. FAVORITE GENRE OF MUSIC?
I don’t even understand this question. Alabama? Phish? Widespread Panic?
42. WHAT IS THE FARTHEST YOU HAVE BEEN FROM HOME?
Mabey Hawaii, maybe Paris. Maybe Lima. I’m lazy when it comes to math, but it’s one of the three. Also, I never travel.
43. DO YOU HAVE A SPECIAL TALENT?
Um, I have small hands. I also used to twirl the baton.
44. WHERE WERE YOU BORN?
Zeeland, Michigan.(I think)
45. WHERE ARE YOU LIVING NOW?
The Circle City, baby.
46. WHAT COLOR IS YOUR HOUSE?
On the outside or inside? Also, I hate both. Also, Iave I mentioned I’m an interior designer by higher education? Gah.
47. WHAT COLOR IS YOUR CAR?
Black. Black Black Bloook.
48. DO YOU LIKE ANSWERING 48 QUESTIONS?
It was the easiest post I’ve written in a long time.