….people will question both your literary taste and ability to parent, all in the same breath.
I mean, it’s a cute picture of 4 day old baby Paul, right? I so thankful Casey took it.
Oh, 2012. I wouldn’t trade you for anything. But you were hard and exhausting, much like trying to read through all 850 pages of Leo Tolstoys’s Anna Karenina before the opening weekend of the movie.
I really do love to read, and I read a few books in 2012, definitely not as many as I had hoped, but like I said, life got busy. And because of the hindsight I now have, I hope to read a whole lot more in 2013.
Per tradition, here’s the list of books I managed to finish in 2012. I’m neither ashamed or proud of the titles below:
- Kitchen Confidential by Anthony Bourdian
- Bossypants, by Tina Fey
- The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern
- Bird by Bird by Anne Lamott
- I Want it Now! by Julie Dawn Cole
- The Long Run by Mishha Shubaly
- Mini Shopaholic by Sophie Kinsella (I know, these books are horrible)
- The Descendants by Kuai Hart Hemmings
- Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close by Jonathan Safran Foer
- The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks by Rebecca Skloot
- Let’s Pretend this Never Happened by Jenny Lawson
- Shanghai Girls by Lisa See
- Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn
- Anna Karenina by Leo Tolstoy
- Blood, Bones & Butter by Gabrielle Hamilton
The books I’ve given links to? Read them. The others? Well, I read them. I’m no better, no worse.
Here’s the end of the post where I ask for your favorite read of 2012. A book I can put on my literary 2013 roster.