Hey Nola – what do you think about going to the Oprah in a couple weeks? We can get dressed up, go to dinner beforehand, and then attend the Opera.
OPRAH? What’s Oprah? Have I been there before? What kids are hers?
Um, no. Not Oprah (although how awesome would that be?), the Indianapolis Opera. A musical performance kinda like a play where they sing really fancy and wear fun costumes and we clap at the end.
Yup, I’m taking the girls to see their (and my) first Opera, Amahl and the Night Visitors, in just a couple weeks and I’m pretty excited. So what’s the Amahl and the Night Visitors all about?
From the producers:
Amahl and the Night Visitors is a warm and compassionate story that captures the true essence of Christmas spirit. It tells of the night the Three Kings, following the Star of Bethlehem, stop for shelter at the home of Amahl, a poor crippled shepherd boy who lives with his widowed mother.
- Amahl and the Night Visitors is in English – so the kid will be able to follow along with the storyline easily.
- Pre-show crafts and activities are planned for the kiddos – so come early!
- The staring role is a young boy – which is awesome to have kids in the cast.
- The show is a total of 50 minutes – short and sweet.
- The venue isn’t “gigantic” – every seat in the auditorium is pretty great.
Ok, we’re going to be there, and if you’re local to Indianapolis, we would love to see you there!
When: Dec. 6th – 7th., 13 – 15th.
Where: Bastille Opera Center (4011 N. Pennsylvania St.)
Ticket start at just $25 a piece!
And I’m giving away a family 4 pack for the December 9th show at 8pm! Enter the Rafflecopter below:
Winner will be announced Sunday Dec. 1st!
Want another chance to win tickets? Visit Mom for Less, she’s hosting a giveaway also!
*I’ve been giving tickets for my family to attend the show in exchange for hosting this giveaway.